Address QuickBooks Error 12029 with Reliable Steps
You need to download regular updates and maintenance releases to run the QB application and access its various functions, like payroll. Issues while running updates can lead to QuickBooks error 12029. This error code can arise due to many possible reasons, like a weak internet connection. The issue can prevent users from accessing the application and performing their business tasks. If you are getting QuickBooks error code 12029, you can perform the steps given in this blog to terminate it reliably.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Possible Triggers for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 12029
QuickBooks error message 12029 can arise due to the following common factors –
- There are issues with your internet connection, and it is either weak or unstable.
- Windows firewall or some 3rd party applications are causing an obstruction, which is blocking QuickBooks’ functions.
- The SSL certificate used by your QuickBooks Desktop is invalid or expired, and you need to perform a re-verification.
- You are not running the QB updates by using Internet Explorer, and you need to set it as your preferred browser.
- Your Windows OS is not updated and is incompatible with running the QB and payroll updates.
QuickBooks Payroll Error 12029: Eliminating Steps
You can rectify QuickBooks update error 12029 by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Exclude QuickBooks from the Firewall Blockage List to Remove the Restrictions
You can prevent QuickBooks from being blocked by Windows firewall by excluding it from the blockage list –
- Click the Windows Start button and type Windows Firewall in the Search Programs and Files menu to access the list of programs.
- Under the Advanced settings, right-click the Inbound Rules and select the New Rule option.
- Select This Program Path and choose the QuickBooks file location, followed by selecting the Allow the Connection option.
- Check-mark all the checkboxes and type a name for this rule to set the inbound rules.
- Repeat the same procedure for the inbound rules and make sure to select outbound instead of Inbound for the process.
Solution 2 – Modify your Internet Settings and Select the SSL Feature
You can resolve QB error code 12029 by modifying your advanced internet settings.
- Access Internet Explorer and select the Tools menu from the Internet Options tab.
- Go to the General tab and click Delete from the list, and select Temporary Internet Files.
- Click Delete again and under the Connections tab, select LAN Settings and verify that the Automatically Detect Settings checkbox is marked.
- Make sure the Proxy Servers field is blank and click OK, followed by accessing the Advanced tab.
- Check-mark the SSL 2.0 & SSL 3.0 options and ensure that the TLS 1.2 option is checked and the TLS1.0 and TLS 1.1 options are unselected.
QuickBooks error 12029 can be easily eradicated by using the solutions provided in this article. If the issue persists, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get help from our support team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1327