Top 7 trekking destinations in India:-
India is the heaven of adventure tourism. The 2500 km long Himalayan range serves as an idle condition for trekking and other adventure sports to flourish. From millions of the most famous trekking routes, here are seven of the most popular trekking destinations that you must visit once in a lifetime.
- Chadar Trek:- Have you ever trekked over a sheet of a frozen glacier? Yes, it’s true, the Chadar trek is unique in all of its forms. The trails of this trek pass through a frozen slab of the Zaslar river, making it one of a kind. You can plan a Chadar trek this winter to experience trekking on a frozen river, taking a bath in the chilling Zaskar river, and spending time in caves.
- Location:-Ladakh, Jammu, and Kashmir
Best Season:-April to November
3600 metres in altitude
Duration: 9 Days/8 Nights
- Hampta pass trek:- One of the most beautiful crossover treks in Himachal Pradesh is the Hampta Pass trek. Located at an altitude of 14100 feet, this beautiful pass trek is most famous for its continuously varying landscape, waterfalls, and rich culture all around the trails. For nature lovers and photographers, Hampta Pass is heaven to experience the impossible.
- Location:- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
July to November is the best time to visit.
Altitude: 14,100 feet
- The Gaumukh-Tapovan trek is one of India’s most enticing treks. Although a lengthy and challenging trek, the beautiful views all along the trail make this trek worth visiting. In an 11-day long trek, starting from Gangotri, trekkers cover both Gaumukh (starting point of the holy river Ganga) and Tapovan. If you want to experience the trek in its real form, then trekking to Gaumukh Tapovan could be your next favorite destination.
- Location:- Uttarakhand, India
June to October is the best time to visit.
Altitue: -14200 ft.
The duration is 11 days and 10 nights.
- Valley of flowers:- Have you ever visited a river of flowers? Yes, you will get a similar feeling after reaching the valley of flowers. Located in Uttarakhand, the Valley of Flowers trek has been famous since the British era. It is famous for its breathtaking beauty and the plethora of wildflowers that bloom all around it. So, if you enjoy both adventure and flowers, this could be your next favorite place to visit.
- Location:- Uttarakhand, India
June to September is the best time to visit.
Height:-15190 feet in elevation.
Duration: 7 days and 6 nights
- Kedarkantha Trek:- One of the best and most loved winter treks in India is the Kedarkantha trek. Located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, known for its breathtaking 360-degree view from the summit and meandering trails all along the forest area with wider clearings, this trek is one of its kind. Located at an altitude of 12500 feet and starting from an ancient village, Sankri, Kedarkantha is one of the few treks equally popular among regular and seasonal trekkers.
The best time to visit is between November and March.
Height:-12,500 feet in altitude.
Duration:- Six days and five nights.
- The Laka Glacier Trek: The least marketed but most beautiful trek in Himachal Pradesh is the Laka Glacier Trek. A mere 18 km from McLeodganj, a trekker gets access to a glacier region, making it unique in all its forms. The huge Dhauladhar range, with its valley and beautiful tiny houses all along the hill, makes it one of the most beautiful treks with panoramic views of snow-covered mountains and the most visited destinations in India.
Best Season:-All months except June to August.
10600 feet in altitude.
Location:-Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
- The Trek to Friendship Peak: The Friendship Peak trek is another popular trek in India, located near Manali in Himachal Pradesh in the Pir Panjal range. The trek is the least popular because of the high level of technical climbing and basic mountaineering knowledge required for completion, but it is most loved because of the breathtaking views it provides and the sense of accomplishment that comes with completing it. It’s a visual treat to witness the sky touching mountain peaks covered with snow and deep valleys all around.
- Best Season:- May to November
Height:- 17,352 feet in elevation.
Duration: 7 Days/6 Nights
Location:-Manali, Himachal Pradesh