Why is the DNS could not resolve the Xbox server name error?
Sometimes your Xbox console may not be able to fix a valid DNS address to successfully connect to the Internet, and then you may receive the DNS did not resolve Xbox server name error. Many users encounter this error when accessing using a wireless network. If you’re having the same problem, you’ve come to the right page.
Microsoft believes in providing users with the highest quality services, including a convenient operating system, a fast and smooth browser – ” Edge ” and a gaming area – Xbox. Microsoft’s full range of services enables users to enjoy and experience the digital world efficiently.
However, if you notice the “DNS cannot resolve the Xbox server name” error message on the display, this can happen when the Xbox resolver cannot read the DNS to connect to the Internet. Therefore, the cause could be an invalid DNS address or from the console side. So all you have to do is fix them and enjoy the great features of your Xbox.
How to fix DNS could not resolve Xbox server name error?
As mentioned before, the problem can come from an invalid DNS address, so you need to set the same address manually, the steps are listed below for your convenience.
Reset console and router
You should power cycle your Xbox console and router before assigning predefined DNS addresses. While this method may seem simple, it has helped a lot of users fix bugs because console and router resets can always restart for the network.
First, unplug your console and router from the mains, make sure none of the capacitors are in charging mode, and reconnect to the network without any errors.
- Press and hold the Xbox logo for at least 10 seconds to turn off the console.
- Now remove the power cord .
- Turn off the router and plug in the power cord.
- After 3 minutes, you can plug in the cable and turn on both devices.
- Now try connecting your Xbox to the network and check for errors.
Set DNS address
- Press the start button, then click the Settings icon located above the power menu. In the Settings page you will get the Network & Internet section, click on it. You can also open the Control Panel by pressing the Win+X+P keys simultaneously, and then click the “Network and Internet” option from the menu.
- After that, the “Network Status” page will appear and you need to scroll down the page to select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- A page with basic network information will appear shortly, at the left end of the page you will get several options, click on “Change adapter settings”.
- Now select your preferred network, right click on it and select Properties from the list .
- After that, a new popup window will appear and you need to select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” by clicking the checkbox. After selecting IP version 4, click the Properties button.
- After that, a new window will appear where you can set the DNS address. Click Obtain an IP address automatically and select the Use the following DNS server address radio button. Here, you must enter 188.8.131.52 in front of the ” Preferred DNS Server ” box and 184.108.40.206 in front of the ” Alternate DNS Server ” box. After completing the task, click the “OK” button.
- Now restart your computer and connect the console to the Internet to resolve the Xbox one DNS error.
reset your router
Your router may not be configured properly, thus causing DNS cannot resolve Xbox server name Xbox one error, and to fix the same issue, you need to reset your router in default settings. The steps for the above solutions are listed below, please execute them correctly.
- Disconnect all peripherals from the router, then turn it back and look for the reset button.
- Some manufacturers offer a reset button, some just create a small hole instead of a button. So in this case you will need a paper needle .
- Insert the paper needle into the hole marked “Reset “.
- Now, connect all peripherals to the router and start it.
- After completing the above tasks, you need to check whether the Xbox console is connected to the Internet successfully.
Update network drivers
It is always recommended to access updated network drivers to allow the application to connect to the Internet efficiently and to have the same results for the Xbox One DNS error. So, to solve the same problem, you need to update the network adapter, the steps are as follows.
- Click the Start menu, type Device Manager in the search bar , and press Enter. You can also directly press Win+X+M keys to open.
- The Device Manager page will appear on the screen, move to the “Network Adapters” section and double-click it to get a list of drivers.
- Once you get a list of drivers, select one, then right-click on it and select ” Update Driver Software “.
- Wait a moment and let Windows do its job. After completing the process, make sure to restart your computer.