What is Civil Engineering course and its benefits?
From the time the children start studying in school, their parents and teachers encourage them to make a good career. Although some parents decide for their children what to study and what to do in future, nowadays most parents leave it to the children to do what they like, in which area they have interest, study in that and for that. Do the job accordingly. If you want to study in the field of engineering and want to know what is civil engineering and what are its benefits? So in this post we will try to clear all your doubts related to it. Although there are many types of engineering like Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Aeronautical etc., every engineering has its own importance. Through today’s post, you will be able to understand what is the work of civil engineering.
We see many things all around us like fridge, TV, washing machine, car, bike, building etc. all used in the house are amazing engineering, all these things are made in such companies which are manufactured by engineering itself. Is. Out of these, houses, bridges, roads are very important in the life of human beings. Which is a gift of civil engineering itself. Although no study is easy, it is not so difficult that it cannot be studied. You just need to study with a little mind.
When children are in high school and become a little wiser, then they also understand what to do after 12th. But still there are some children who do not know that after all, who are these civil engineers, how do they study and what to do after civil engineering. Another question that comes to the mind of the students is how much is the salary of a civil engineer.
What is civil engineering?
This is a professional engineering branch, in which the students studying after completing the course become civil engineers. Engineering projects in this field include the design, construction, and maintenance of buildings, houses, roads, dams, canals, and airports. That is, how big a house will be built in an empty plot, how will its design be, how many rooms will be there, where will the bathroom, kitchen and hall be, all these are designed and on the basis of the design all the necessary materials like brick, cement, sand , bars etc. are imported and the work of its construction is done, in fulfilling all these, the most important role of the civil engineer is.
The way the house is constructed, in the same way the work of dam, canal, stadium, shopping malls, road, pipeline is also done. Today you will see the cities developing further, in which very good designing and latest construction methods are used. Traditionally it is also divided into some parts. It is considered to be the oldest engineering branch after military engineering and its name civil engineering gives it a different identity from military engineering. Civil Engg. It is used in the public sector from municipal to government national work, and in the private sector from individual households to international companies.
How to become a Civil Engineer:
- Whoever wants to become a civil engineer, they have 2 ways in which they are civil engineers.
After passing 10th, doing Diploma in Civil Engineering course:
- When the students pass the 10th exam, then the interested student has to sit in the entrance test conducted by the Technical Education Board of the state government. On the basis of the ranking obtained in the entrance exam, students are selected and then they get admission. Is. There are also some polytechnic colleges in which admission is given on the basis of class 10 marks.
- After getting admission, the student has to do Diploma in Civil for 3 years
- Engineering has to be studied, after which they can join any job as a junior engineer.
- Apart from this, even after becoming a diploma engineer, you can do a degree course in an engineering college. For this, you have to take admission in the second year in the degree college.
After 10+2 Diploma in Civil Engineering:
- After passing 12th with Science (Phy+Chem+Maths) one can sit in the IIT entrance exam. In this, admission is given in B.E according to the merit. After getting admission, you can do Degree in Civil Engg by joining a 4 years degree program.
- After successfully completing the degree course of civil engineering, you can join the job of Engineer in government, co-government or private sector. Apart from this, by passing the combined Engineering Services exam, one can take a job in the technical post of the Indian government.
Civil Engineer Salary:
- In the private sector, a civil engineer can get a salary of 25000 to 35000 in the initial time. After having some experience, on the basis of experience, you can earn up to 100000 per month in 3-4 years. Apart from this, a civil engineer can also work freely.
- In cities, you will often see that the work of building big projects is given to builders and contractors. If you are expert in your work and you are expert in work according to your talent, then on the basis of that you can get work in these projects. Apart from this, you can take on many types of work by meeting the contractors who build the houses.
- Government sector Civil Engineer is placed in the post of Sub-Division Officer or Assistant Engineer. Who can go ahead and become the chief engineer in the future. Additional allowance is also given to the person working in this post, which includes housing facility, medical care.
What does a civil engineer do?
- Analyse long-term projects, maps, survey reports, and other data so that the project can be properly planned and designed.
- Consideration of construction cost, compliance with government regulations, environmental damages during the planning and risk analysis stages of the project.
- After complete preparation of the project, submit the permit application to the local, state, and security department so that the verification is done that it is going on following the rules of the government.
- To see if the foundation is strong or not, take a good look at the test done on the soil.
- Preparation of cost estimation report of expenditure on material, equipment and labor to estimate the economic budget of the project.
- Preparation of plan for use of transportation system, structure and hydraulic system as per government standard and industry on design software.
- Completion and observation of survey to establish reference point, site layout, building location at the site of construction.
- To manage the maintenance, repair and replacement of public and private infrastructure.
Advantages of civil engineering:
- By becoming a civil engineer, you can do both government and private jobs. Apart from this, if you want, you can open your own consultancy, from where you will come in contact with many builders and contractors with whom you can work independently as well as give work to some people with you.
- If you become a civil engineer with your own interest, then you feel satisfaction by seeing the houses, bridges, dams, flyovers, buildings, school and college buildings built by you.
- Being an engineer gives you a chance to meet new people as well as work in new places. This also increases your circle.
- The people for whom you build a house will remember you for life and will always respect you.
- In this, as you become experienced, then your salary increases in the job and if you do freelance work then there is no compulsion of retirement in it.
- Who you are in this is visible in front of people and everyday life of people is affected by it. Like if you build a road and it is durable then people will see your work with their own eyes and appreciate you.
- There is a lot of opportunity for creativity in this. If you have a creative mind then you can earn a good name from your suggestion.
- The people working in the construction company are more and the engineers are few so that all the engineers are respected by the people according to their knowledge and position.
- In this, research opportunities, new materials are used, and new technologies are always updated, making it a lot of fun to work.
Disadvantages of civil engineering:
- Being a civil engineer, you have to work outdoors most of the time. Sometimes work has to be done even in harsh sunlight, one has to go to a deserted area away from the city and do the work related to his project.
- It is very difficult to get work in the initial phase of the job, that’s why one needs experienced men, no one wants to be taught about the new Nener.
- You must have often seen and heard that the newly constructed pool broke or the new road which was built soon got potholes. In such a situation, the engineer working in it is to blame. This brings a lot of slander.
- In our country India, the right to take out civil work is organised by the government. Because of which the work that should be done is not possible.
- Students who have good merit, they mostly choose other branches instead of civil, due to this the boys of other branches get more salary than this.
Today, there is no shortage of engineers in India. Every year lakhs of engineers complete their course and get an engineer’s degree, that’s why today we are told what is civil engineering and at the same time must have understood what is the work of civil engineering, complete studies. Who does not want to get good money after doing this, that is why we have also given information here about how much is the salary of a civil engineer. Around us we see new house designs, roads, and pools and use them every day, which makes us very comfortable.
We also told you what are the advantages and disadvantages of civil engineering. Many people often also think that if they become an engineer, then what work they have to do. We have tried to answer all these questions to you through this post, if you liked this post, then definitely share it with your friends also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.