Tips and Tricks to Resolve QuickBooks error 1328
There are countless issues that users face while working on QuickBooks. Most of them are company file errors, multi-user errors, update errors, and a few others. This blog discusses QuickBooks error 1328 that users encounter while installing, uninstalling, updating or repairing the QuickBooks Desktop application. The error accompanies by a message that reads, “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.” An outdated Windows is the major cause of error 1328 in QuickBooks. Read the entire blog carefully to get in-depth information on QuickBooks Desktoperror 1328.
If you are dealing with QuickBooks error 1328 and want to fix it right away, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get step-by-step assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Factors that originate QuickBooks update error 1328
Below is the list of prominent causes that lead to error 1328 in QuickBooks:
- The QuickBooks update file you downloaded is damaged or corrupted.
- There are some invalid entries in the Windows registry.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6144 and 301
Permanent Methods to Rectify QuickBooks error code 1328
Method 1. Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and use the Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close the company files you are working on, then exit the QuickBooks Desktop application and go to Intuit’s official website to get the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- After downloading the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, you will be prompted to save it. We suggest saving it somewhere you can easily approach.
- Go to the saved location, open the file and perform the prompt instructions.
- Next, agree to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub completely on your workstation.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub from your Windows desktop, move to the Installation Issues tab and select Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The Install Diagnostic Tool will take 20 minutes to repair installation issues.
Method 2. Get the newly released Windows update
- Tap the Windows key on your keyboard and write Windows Update in the search file.
- Select the Windows update option and click Check for Updates.
- Download the update, wait till it finishes, and then click Install Updates.
- Restart your workstation, open QuickBooks, and update it.
Must Read: QuickBooks Fatal Error
Method 3. Do a Clean Installation of QuickBooks to fix error 1328
- Get a new installer file of the QuickBooks version you use from Intuit’s official website and gather information related to QuickBooks such as license number, product year, and version. You will get all this information from the account management portal.
- Next, start uninstalling QuickBooks. Open the Windows Start menu, then Control Panel, and choose Programs and Features.
- Scroll the list of programs, choose your QuickBooks version and click Uninstall/Change.
- Make use of the new installer file and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application.
We have now reached to the end of the blog. It will educate you on the root causes and troubleshooting solutions that can help you get rid of QuickBooks error 1328. If implementing them doesn’t help you fix it, seek guidance from the QuickBooks technical support team by giving a call on our helpline number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also: QuickBooks Error 6144 82