These 5 exercises provide relief from hip pain, learn how to do it
There are many simple exercises you can adopt to reduce hip pain. It also relaxes the hip muscles.
Hip pain bothers many people. People suffering from this have to face many problems even during their normal routine. The first reason for this may be a condition called hip bursitis, in which there is a small sack of jelly called a bursa. These bags are located all over the body around the shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, and heels. They contain a fluid content between the bones and soft tissues. These fluids work to reduce friction between the bones, but swelling in the bursa makes it difficult for people to walk. And apart from this, working for a long time sitting for a long time can also start hip pain. There may also be swelling and irritation. There are many types of exercises you can do to get rid of this pain. This gives you a lot of relief from hip pain.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can join Retreat for Depression.
Common symptoms of hip pain:
- Severe pain when getting up from the chair or bed.
- Swelling at the painful site.
- Joint pain.
- Feeling of pain even after sitting for a long time and sleeping with weight on the painful area.
- Feeling of pain and burning even in movement.
Exercises for hip pain:
1. Skater Squats:
Doing skater squats provides great relief to your hip pain. This gives you great relief in joint pain, muscle and bone pain. It strengthens lower body pain.
How to do Skater Squats:
- This exercise is done exactly like normal squats. This gives great relief to hip pain.
- Bend your knees and hips forward, straighten your back, lower your butt toward the ground, and lift your chest.
- Shift your weight to the right or left leg after each skater squats. Simultaneously raise your other leg forward.
- Keep changing your legs every time you do the exercise.
- During this exercise, your knee should touch the ground and there should be a little gap between both feet.
- Repeat this exercise 9-10 times with each leg.
2. Side Leg
Doing this exercise strengthens your core. Along with this, the strength of the core increases, which helps in heavy lifting. This will give you relief from the pain of the hip muscles.
Side leg method:
- To do this exercise, lie down on the right side with the help of your feet.
- During this, lift your left leg as high as you can.
- This causes strain in the muscles of the hip.
- After taking the left leg up, come back to the starting position.
- Repeat this 12-15 times with each leg.
3. Frankenstein Walk
This exercise is a great exercise for your hips, quads, and hamstrings. It provides movement to the muscles in your legs and hips. In addition, it can also provide relief to your hip pain and swelling.
How to walk Frankenstein:
- To do the Frankenstein Walk, stand with your arms extended in front of you and palms facing down.
- Moving forward, extend your right leg straight out while bending it upwards, trying to make a 90-degree angle between your legs and body.
- Place your right foot on the floor and then swing your left leg up to raise it.
- Do this exercise for 1 minute. If you have work in a place you can change your direction.
- If you have severe hip pain, do not raise your legs too high.
4. Donkey Kicks:
Donkey kicks exercise helps in strengthening your hip muscles. With the help of this exercise daily, there is a positive effect in the muscles of the hips and also helps in reducing inflammation.
How to do donkey kicks:
- For this exercise, take a position like a child on the ground on both your knees and palms.
- Now bend and lift your right knee while kicking it upwards.
- Keep your other foot on the ground.
- After this, bend the left knee while kicking it upwards.
- Repeat this exercise 12-20 times from each side.
5. Straight Leg:
The straight leg is a simple exercise but it has many benefits. It keeps the lower part of the leg very active and also makes the hip bones strong. Apart from this, doing this exercise continuously also gives relief in pain.
How to do straight leg:
- To do this exercise, sleep on your back on the floor.
- After that without bending the knees, raise one leg straight up to 60 degrees at a time.
- Hold it up for 10 seconds and then bring it down.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times for each leg.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can enroll in a 300 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
However, through other measures also you can avoid hip pain. For this, do not put too much pressure on the hips. Do not sit in the same position continuously, but keep taking small breaks. People suffering from hip bursitis should avoid climbing high places or stairs. Also, you should always warm-up before exercising so that you do not get any kind of injury. If you are overweight, losing weight also puts less pressure on the hips. If you are having more problems, be sure to contact your doctor.