Technical Rundown to Address the Very Common QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
When QuickBooks cannot open the company file on the hosted network, QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 occur. This can happen when the file path is damaged or corrupted, and there can be other possible reasons for the error code. The QuickBooks Desktop error 6190 816 prevents the user from accessing the company file and needs to be addressed immediately. If you are facing the error code, follow this article till the end. We are going to provide you with the steps to terminate the error effectively.
If you are having trouble resolving the error on your own, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our support team in fixing the error.
Triggers behind the QuickBooks 6190 816 Error Codes
The following factors might be contributing to the QuickBooks error code 6190 816 –
- Discrepancies between the transaction file and the company file can cause the error code 6190.
- Multiple users are trying to open the company file in a single-user mode.
- There are issues with the .ND and .TLG files, and they might be corrupted.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction and blocking QuickBooks’ functions.
- Issues with the QuickBooks application can also lead to the 6190 816 error.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1723
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6190 816 Reliably and Effectively?
The error code 6190 816 in QuickBooks Desktop can be eliminated with the help of the following methods –
Method 1 –Use the QuickBooks Refresher Tool to Fix Technical QB Errors
The QuickBooks refresher tool can be used to refresh the QuickBooks application and fix technical bugs and errors.
- Download the QuickBooks Refresher Tool and double-click the downloaded qbrefresherv1.exe file.
- Use the Task Manager and terminate all the background processes interrupting QuickBooks performance.
- Follow the on-given instructions to refresh your application and reopen the QuickBooks company file to resolve the QuickBooks error message 6190.
Method 2 – Resolve the Abnormalities in the .ND and .TLG Files by Manually Renaming it
Discrepancies in the .ND and .TLG files can be a major reason behind the Inuit error 6190 816.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the company file folder to modify the .ND and .TLG file names.
- Right-click on the file and click on Rename from the drop-down list to edit the file name.
- Now, rename all the files with the .ND and .TLG extensions and exit QuickBooks.
Really useful to learn: QuickBooks Error 6123
Method 3 – Terminate the QuickBooks Processes from the User Tab
Firstly, log into your server computer with your admin credentials and then terminate the QuickBooks processes in the following manner –
- Press Ctrl + Shift + ESC to access the Task Manager and go to the User tab to see each process.
- End the following QB processes by clicking on the End Process option: QBDBMgrN.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, and QBW32.exe.
- Lastly, enable the multi-user mode and check the status of the QuickBooks error code 6190 816 by reopening QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 can be resolved by following the methods provided above. If the error code persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 and get assistance from our team of experts in fixing the problem.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6209