QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File: Best Technical Guide
Regular backup of the company file data ensures that critical business information of the enterprise remains safe and secure and QuickBooks provides an easy way to accomplish this task.
This backup process sometimes gets failed abruptly and a unique error message titled ‘QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File’ pops up on the screen, and due to this error, the essential data of the enterprise becomes vulnerable as the backup process remains incomplete.
Easy and detailed resolutions for this technical problem are explained in this blog for your attentive perusal.
To resolve QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File Issue in the quickest way, you can dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QuickBooks support team straightaway.
QB Desktop Company File Backup Failure Issue: Basic Reasons
The QB Desktop Company File Backup Failure Issue arises due to the reasons listed below:
- Insufficient storage space in the device where the backup is to be saved or the non-availability of such device can easily provoke this technical glitch.
- If the company file, whose backup is to be created, is corrupted or if the user has set an incorrect backup path for the backup file, then this issue can swiftly appear on the screen.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1618
How Can the QuickBooks Company File Backup Failed Problem Be Eliminated Easily?
The QuickBooks Company File Backup Failed Problem can be effectively eradicated using these solutions:
Solution 1: Dismiss all the problems in your company file via the Verify and Rebuild Data tool to ensure its successful backup
- Once the QB Desktop opens up on your system’s screen, you are required to hit the ‘Utilities’ option located under the ‘File’ menu, and then you need to strike the ‘Verify Data’ option so that the inherent issues within the company file are detected.
- If the message on the screen informs that no damage or corruption has been found in the company file, you are not required to follow the rest of the steps, but if any problem has been detected, you should straightaway go to the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool situated within the ‘Utilities’ tab.
- As soon as you hit the ‘Rebuild Data’ option, a fresh backup of the company file will be created and you must grant the location of an appropriate folder to save this backup copy.
- Execution of the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool will start almost immediately after the fresh backup is completed and all the flaws within the company file will be eradicated upon the completion of the entire run of this wonderful tool.
- Now, you can just proceed to quickly save the backup of your company file in the appropriate device attached to your computer.
Solution 2: Confirm that the backup file path is valid to ensure prompt extirpation of this technical glitch
- Promptly jump to the ‘Preferences’ tab just after opening the QB Desktop, and after that, you need to go to the ‘Local Backup Only’ section provided under the ‘Backup Options’ tab.
- Now, you can swiftly ensure that the backup file path is valid, and if you find that it is incorrect, you can select a different folder for saving the backup file through the ‘Browse’ option located in the on-screen window.
You can be sure of full rectification of the QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File issue if you implement these solutions properly. For more guidance, just dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Support Team.
Related article :-