QuickBooks Error 6190 | A Comprehensive Guide to Fix it
QuickBooks is a popular bookkeeping application known for its advanced features and user-friendly interface. Amidst all these, there are some technical issues due to which QuickBooks error 6190 and annoy users. It usually happens when the company file is damaged or the version you are using is outdated. The issue sometimes leads to the loss of company data. Before you learn the troubleshooting solutions to fix the error 6190 in QuickBooks, go through the next section of the blog and learn about the root causes.
If you are tired of finding the correct solution to fix QuickBooks error 6190 issue, give a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for effective assistance
Factors causing QuickBooks Error Code 6190
There are numerous reasons due to which QuickBooks error code 6190:
- Presence of damaged QuickBooks program files in the installation folder.
- QuickBooks shows error 6190 when a user tries to open a company file that is damaged.
- The version of the Windows operating system you are using is outdated or damaged.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1603
Best Possible Methods to Fix Error code 6190in QB
Method 1. Resolve QuickBooks error 6190 issue by running File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Once the QuickBooks Desktop is closed, visit Intuit’s official website and download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- When the setup file downloads completely, save it on your Windows Desktop for easy access.
- From the desktop, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the instructions given on the screen. Next, agree to the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub successfully on your workstation.
- Go to desktop, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, and double-click to open it.
- Within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Company File Issues tab and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- When the File Doctor opens, scroll the drop-down menu to select your company file and mark the Check your File option. If you can’t see your file, click Browse to search it on your computer.
- Select Continue, enter the QuickBooks admin password and click Next.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Desktop Keep Crashing
Method 2. Rectify QuickBooks errors by running Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- If QuickBooks Tool Hub is closed, open it again and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program, then OK to run the tool and restart QuickBooks.
Method 3. Download and Install the latest update of the QuickBooks version
- Go to desktop, right-click the QuickBooks and select the Run as administrator option.
- When QuickBooks opens, select the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the QuickBooks Update window, select the Update Now tab, and click the Get Updates button.
- When the download completes, accept the prompt to install the update and restart your workstation.
It’s time to end our blog. If QuickBooks error 6190 appears even after following the above-mentioned methods, connect with one of the certified QuickBooks professionals for direct consultation by calling us on our customer service number 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Freezes When Opening