New Transformation of Indian Political Map OF INDIA
- Concentrate on the location of states and major cities.
- Find out which states have borders with and what borders, particularly international ones. For instance, a query could be about which Indian Political Map border is Pakistan or Bangladesh etc.
- It is also important to know the states that border the largest amount of states, such as Maharashtra, UP, MP and so on.
- Remember the chronology north-south of the states in the north-eastern regions.
- It is also recommend how to organize major cities across India between north and south or the east towards west.
- Tropic of Cancer passes through India. Learn which are the eight states it passes through across India (Rajasthan, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Tripura, Mizoram, West Bengal and Jharkhand).
- You must also be aware of the cities that are locate on the banks of major rivers.
PHYSICAL Map OF INDIA
- Physical maps can be complicate when compare to political maps. In this case, you must be aware of rivers, lakes mountains, ranges of mountain islands, soils, etc.
- There are numerous mountain ranges that are found in India. It is important to take them in a specific area such as those in northern part of the country first, and then in the central regions before moving to in the region of peninsulars.
- The Himalayas are the largest mountain range of the country. It is subdivide into three regions namely Greater, Middle and Little Himalayas. Find their lengths in the maps. Also, examine the chronology of north to south on the map. (Remember that the Greater Himalayas can be further divided into various ranges such as Karakoram, Ladakh, Shivalik and many more.
- Additionally, look for the most crucial peaks such as Mt. Everest, Kunchenjunga, Nanda Devi, etc.
- It is also worth studying the largest glaciers, as well as their chronology north-south.
- Another subject worth learning by studying maps is the mountain passes as well as the states in which they are locate. (Important mountain passes include Nathu La, Bomdi La, Lipu Lekh, etc.
- In terms of some of the mountain ranges that aren’t mention, most important ones that lie in the middle Indian plateau include Mahadeo Hills, Ramgarh Hills, Maikal Range and Garjhat Hills.
- In the southern part of India the most significant ones comprise those of Nallamalla Hills, Nagari Hills, Javadi Hills, Annamalai Hills, Nilgiri Hills, Cardamom Hills, Satpura range and many more.
- Rivers can be tricky because they are so numerous of them!
- Choose the most important rivers, and research their sources and the states in which they flow principal tributaries, locations where the tributaries cross with the principal river the point where the rivers join the ocean, etc.
Also Read : How to choose Best IAS Coaching in Delhi
- Remember also which rivers flow east or west-flowing.
- It is also possible to determine the river’s direction from north-south.
- In the case of River Ganga, remember which are the left-bank (Yamuna and Son) and the right-bank (Rapti, Gandak and Kosi) the tributaries.
- Tributaries to Ganga as well as Yamuna are crucial and have been question more than times.
- The chronology of major rivers that runs north-south in states is also significant.
- The River Brahmaputra is also significant. It has many names at different locations.
- The final aspect to be study in the river is major lakes and dams. You should be aware of the major dams and where they are situate.
- Visit all the coastal cities and states.
- Learn about the most important Gulfs and Straits such as Gulf of Mannar, Palk Strait, Ten Degree Channel and more.
- In the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, look at Indira Point. It is one of the dormant volcanoes of the Barren Islands, the Coco Channel and many more.
- Many natural parks, wildlife refuges and bioreserves can be found within the Himalayan ranges, as well as those in Western Ghats, and in different regions in India. It is important to know the location as well as the states that comprise most important park in India. There are over 100 parks that are national in India as well as numerous reserves and wildlife refuges therefore it’s impossible to keep track of the exact locations of them all. However, you should be aware of the main ones, as well as other ones which have been featured in the news recently.
- Questions about highways are also asked regarding and the Golden Quadrilateral or the north-south and east-west corridors.
Please Also Read : With Jharkhand, Saffron Continues to Shrink on Indian Political Map
- It is essential to know the longest stretch of highway as well as its beginning and ending locations, and the cities it travels through.
- Be aware of where National highways (NHs) meet. For instance three NHs connect in Nagpur.