Keys To Creating Quality Content That Your Customers Will Love
Generating quality content that engages readers and helps us sell is possible. Today you will learn how to create valuable content. In this short little mini-course, you will learn all about generating successful digital content. Whether for a blog, for your social networks, for your website, or even for paper formats!
What needs do the people to whom our content is addressed have? It may be quite useful for you to read the following article to learn more about it. On the other hand, it is also worth noting that quality content also requires a complete creative process. In the case of visual content, it requires a quality edition that provides aesthetics to the content.
Unique content is the second key to success, and how to create it
Generating quality content also includes creating unique content. And by that, I mean producing material that hasn’t been devised yet. This is not that it is an essential requirement, but I have presented it to you because it is important that you know that the degree of uniqueness of content greatly helps its success.
Because the truth is that although the digital market is full of content, there is a huge demand for unique content. This is because the material that is on social networks, blogs, posts, and websites, is usually more of the same as always.
How to create unique content?
You don’t exactly have to reinvent the wheel. Nor that you make great discoveries for humanity. What you need is to learn to innovate and improve content. This, in a practical case, would mean the adaptation of images to the brand for which you publish. By the way, it would be good, in addition, that you know the concept of corporate identity. But not to lengthen at this point, you can generate unique content in the following three ways:
1) One way to create unique content is to be aware of the relevant trends that are experienced in a certain sector. So if, for example, you publish content about technology, you should be aware of what is happening in that sector. And for this, you can use tools like Google Trends or Buzzsumo. Which are excellent tools to know what is playing in a certain sector.
2) Participate in communities of the sector for which you create content. You can participate in Facebook groups related to the type of humor you post. Or you can participate in online forums about that type of humor. These communities tend to be one of the best sources of quality content and ideas since the collective intelligence of these groups brings new content and encourages and inspires innovation and creativity.
3) Know what people are looking for on Google. In this way, you will be able to know what type of content is in demand. This is very important when you are going to generate content for blogs. Or even when generating content for YouTube. By knowing what people demand, we can have a better idea of the content that is ideal.
Create original content
The third key or foundation to generating content that really impacts, influences, and creates engagement is originality. And although this point seems to be quite related to the previous one, the truth is that we associate it more with style. Original content can mean pure gold for websites since, among the many benefits, one of them is that it can set the site apart from the crowd. But how to create content with an original style?
The first step to follow is to avoid plagiarism of content at all costs. It is best to focus our content sources on our brands. That is, provide us with content sources that are consistent with our sector.
The second step will be to innovate that content. For this, you will have to improve the main idea. It can be by merging several ideas and adapting them to the context you handle. This is done by big brands, which take content from various sources and adapt it to the style of their brand and some of the trends that are currently being handled.
Create attractive and enjoyable content to consume
If the content is interesting to consume, it’s time to make it enjoyable. That is to say, the consumer feels comfortable with it and consumes it with satisfaction.
But how do we get that? When generating content that is enjoyable to consume, we must take into account the following:
1) The content should take care of aesthetics as much as possible. That is its visual appearance of it. So if you’re creating videos that involve verbal content, try your best not to be so monotonous. And instead, be more expressive. In the case of images, You should take care of their quality and resolution. And in the case of the text, take care of spelling, grammar, structure, and style.
- Be as simplified and direct as possible. So that if the content transmits a message, it is sent directly to the people to whom it is addressed.
3) Combine several formats: since always publishing the same thing tends to be monotonous. In the context of images, this would mean combining infographics. And messages are transmitted through albums of various images, photographs, phrases embedded in images, etc.
4) In the case of texts, instead of plain texts, generate different styles and text formats. I’m going to give you an example: if you manage a blog about tutorials, try to transmit the information in different ways: Through success testimonials, interviews, real stories, tops, surveys, anecdotes, and everything you can think of!
Become an expert in your content
Finally, you must become an expert in the type of content you handle. Because to easily generate original content, you need to have extensive knowledge of your sector. A practical example of this is blogs. Which, by the way, demands a lot of originality. Well, to generate original content, we must handle in-depth the theme. In this case, there is nothing left to do but read a lot about this topic and study it thoroughly, in addition to doing good research that leads us to know the subject perfectly.
This is very important when taking the pen and starting creating content. And although it may seem like a long road, the truth is that it is much easier to write if you have done a thorough investigation beforehand on the subject. We will have better ideas, and writing becomes a much easier task for us.
Create interesting content for your readers
The content is not very useful even if it has valuable information if it is not interesting at the same time. Since your consumers will always be absorbed in hundreds of other content with which they are bombarded on a daily basis. But to capture the attention of your customers by generating quality content, you can:
1) To capture the interest of a person, the first thing is to interest that person. If you have knowledge of who your audience is: where they come from, what gender they belong to, their age, etc. You will have a better ability to capture their attention.
2) In this case, communities are also very useful, as they help a lot by showing us what content most interests our consumers. So do not hesitate to sign up for them.
3) The way you address the people who consume your content will also influence their interests. So you must address them face to face. Just like I’m doing with you right now. 4) An interesting content also implies that it must be with quality images. And illustrated here means that the images are actually a compliment to the content.
No passive voices
Avoid passive voices as much as possible. Instead, always express yourself with familiarity. As if you were addressing the love of your life for the last time. Here at this point, it is worth emphasizing the importance of metaphors and anecdotes (let Jesus say so). Content that is fairly descriptive in terms of examples is often more effective, as it is very easy to understand.
Adapt your content to SEO
If your content meets the above requirements, there is a good chance that you will be successful. But you still need to make yourself visible so that search engines take your content into account and reach more people.
If we talk about social networks, this point can be adapted to them. Well, the search engines of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and more! They are used quite frequently. So we could take advantage of those searches to attract them to our material. Although in the case of social networks, it is not easy to know what content is searched by people. Or what they might be looking for. Well, currently, there are not many tools for it. However, we can use intuition and current trends to try to predict what people are looking for online.
By the way, Facebook has already activated the tag option to add them to the content. On the other hand, the use of hashtags also helps a lot to bring visits to our websites. In the case of blogs and web pages, positioning in search engines is a little more difficult. But we will be able to do so by optimizing the website that hosts our content.
Promote your content
If you manage to create quality content that meets the above keys, you will be on your way to success. However, there is another very important factor that should not be overlooked, and that is content promotion.
If you manage a YouTube channel, you must have an Ace up your sleeve to reach those people who are not within reach of the visibility of your videos.
Use different content formats
Users tend to like different content formats. So if possible, try to combine several formats in your strategy. Your content should not be limited to just texts. You can also create infographics, videos, audio and interactive multimedia content.
There is nothing wrong with posting only one type of content, and many successful sites focus on only one type of content. However, alternating content formats help capture the attention of consumers. And it helps produce unexpected experiences.
On the other hand, I must clarify that by alternating content formats, I do not mean that you move away from the theme or sector that you handle. That would be incongruous for the tastes of the readers. What I am referring to is generating content in different formats but without moving away from the main purposes.