How to delete duplicate transactions in QuickBooks desktop?
Execution of tasks on your desktop related to your business become very easy if you are using Quickbooks. But if you keep getting duplicate transactions then you need to know “how to delete duplicate transactions in quickbooks desktop.”
These double entries will not only pose problems but also give you rough patches while working.
Removing the “duplicate transactions” in the Register mode
When you are working in the register mode; you will see it on the top bar of the screen. And you will get all the downloaded transactions at the bottom.
You will have to match the appropriate transactions that you think I duplicated and have to be deleted. Maybe your software is smart enough to rectify this but you still should cross check the transaction so that you do not lose on important data. So here is how you can fix this problem.
- Start the process by navigating to the “banking menu.”
- Then you have to choose “bank feeds” and then select the “Bank feed Center.”
- I’ll have to look for the statement amongst the items received from your financial Institute section.
- And after this you will have to only choose the “view” option.
- Then just match the transactions you think are appropriate and then choose “done” from the match option.
- Next, you will have to choose the “yes” option. And this has to be done in the “not finished matching screen.”
- Front here you will be returning to the “Online Banking Center.”
- Now, just find and then select the statement you just did and this time from the “items received” list.
- Once you have done that just click on “delete and then you are good to go.
This is one of the easiest ways to remove or Delete Duplicate Transactions from your system.
Removing the transactions that are duplicate in the side-by-side mode
Before you get into this, we would like to tell you that all the downloaded transactions in this mode are on the left. So, look at the left side and open the transactions.
To remove duplicate transactions in QuickBooks Desktop while working on this mode. You will have to just follow these steps.
- First of all you will have to go to the “banking menu” and then choose the “bank feeds” option.
- From there you will have to select “bank feeds centre” and from there just go to the “items reviewed” section.
- Now, you will have to choose the transactions you wish to remove.
- And then choose “items to delete.”
- Now, you need to choose all those transactions that will fall into this category.
- And then just choose “delete selected” and to confirm the process you will then have to choose “yes.”
This way you can get rid of duplicated statements but if you have already worked upon it. And you already have the matched statement; make sure to choose “select all downloaded transactions older than” and then give it a time frame.
Now this might be an easy way to remove duplicate bank transactions in QuickBooks Desktop but you will have to be careful. A small mistake can wash away important data from the transaction log. So, if you are not able to gain the confidence we suggest you contact our tech team members.
For that you can simply call them on the toll-free number 8557380359 and one of our team members will be there for assistance.
you may also read: QuickBooks error 6000 1074