5 Reasons Why Bored Ape NFTs are so Popular
In decentralized finance (DeFi), there are numerous uses for non-fungible-tokens (NFTs). These tokens can verify ownership of both digital and real-world assets and detect the presence of valuable pieces of art.
However, NFTs are also collectible, as you can magically find this rare Black Lotus card. The Bored Ape Yacht Club features the most popular NFTs currently on the market.
Before opening your crypto wallet and paying for one of these Bored Apes, it’s essential to understand what they’re talking about. Here’s what you need to know.
What Are Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs?
It is a project of Yuga Labs. It is located in America. The cornerstone of it is a collection of 10,000 unique “Bored Ape.” The founders of the Bored Ape Yacht Club are known by their nicknames:
- Gordon Goner
- Emperor Tomato Ketchup
- No Sass
They provide a verified smart contract address. And it is also possible to track the province, including hash strings.
Bored apes are NFTs with different features. For example, some apes have golden fur or laser eyes. Some traits are rare compared to others, leading to expensive NFTs.
Bored ape NFT is available on the Ethereum blockchain and can be purchased on the NFT Marketplace XANALIA. All bored apes were offered on a first-come, first-served basis and cost the same amount. But they were all claimed very quickly, so now you can only get them in the secondary market.
Perks Of Owning Bored Apes
When you own the bored ape NFT, you own the digital asset and your token acts as a “ticket” to the yacht club. There is an area for members only called The Bathroom, where you can leave digital graffiti. In addition, membership is considered to include other benefits.
Finally, owning the NFTs gives you commercial rights. Potentially, you could set up a Twitter account for your bored ape and create a complete backstory and life for your NFT. A bored ape, known as Jenkins, has been signed by a Hollywood agency, and even his biography is in the works.
In addition to owning a bored ape, Yacht Club offers a variety of ways to change your ape’s situation. For example, you could buy a digital vial of mutant serum.
When you combine this serum with your bored ape, a new NFT is formed as a mutant ape. Since Mutant Apes are entirely separate and new NFTs, they can also sell in the secondary market.
How Much Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs Cost
After the launching of the bored ape yacht club in April 2021, each NFT sold at 0.08 Ether which was close to $190. Sold all the apes in less than a day, and now some of them are selling for millions of dollars.
It is possible to buy and sell bored apes using the XANALIA auction through the Bored Ape Yacht Club. As of November 28, 2021, the floor price listed in the auction for bored apes was approximately $186,208 (46 Ether).
Recently, Sotheby’s auction house sold 101 bored apes NFTs. And along with the bored ape Kennel Club dog NFTs for just over $26 million. There was also enough digital serum to make six mutant apes.
The price of a bored ape depends on many factors. First of all, people with rare traits are considered more valuable. When looking at the bored ape in the market, you can see what features they have and how many other people have the same features. For example, only 3% have a biker vest and 5% of bored apes have red fur.
In addition, the cost in dollars depends on the value of the Ether against the dollar when you make your purchase. And, because transactions take place on the Ethereum blockchain, the gas must be accounted for.
Reasons Why Bored Ape NFTs Are So Popular
- One question many people ask is: Why would anyone buy an NFT? It is a token that tells you that you have proof of ownership. Also, anyone can watch NFT and take a screenshot of it.
- Like artwork in the offline world, proof of ownership is essential. Of course, there is Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. But they are not valuable as compared to original paintings. If you can show the ownership of this painting, and you have it, it is worth millions of dollars.
- NFTs are somewhat similar. If you have proof of ownership, you have a potentially valuable virtual asset because you are the only one who owns it. There are other reasons NFTs can be beneficial, though, such as:
- Rarity: Only 10,000 unique bared apes were created. Therefore, there is a limited supply. Yes, it is possible to make additional NFTs by going through the process of getting Mutant Ape, but this is still a little suggestion.
- Celebrities: When celebrities get involved in something, it can increase interest and value. Stephen Curry, Jimmy Fallon, and Post Malone all have their own bared apes.
- Individuality: One of the selling points of NFTs is that they are individual and unique.
- Early Admissions: Although bared apes are not the first NFT collection, they are one of the few collections. Crypto Punks, for example, are valuable because they represent the first NFT combination.
- Extra benefits: NFTs often come with different benefits. XANALIA is popular and it allows you to participate in the game through cards.
Board apps are like many other collections. Ultimately, there is a great deal of subjectivity in determining their value. The bored ape is worth it for anyone willing to pay for it – like antiques, baseball cards, or comic books.
The Bored Ape yacht Club offers an exciting development in the world of NFTs. However, these NFTs can be expensive. For newcomers, it may make sense to look for less expensive NFTs to experiment with. There are thousands of NFTs on the market, so you can start small.